Monday, August 29, 2005

2L

Law school has started back up again, and the doors were thrown open wide for the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 1L students. Fresh from their previous lives, they were ushered into the first "real" week of classes today. The indoctrination process begins...

But seriously, I hope their joy and excitement remains for a long time. Ah, to be a 1L again- where the only fears are ephemeral ("Is he going to call on me? Will I die?") and job hunting is still far from the mind.

So I went on the SOLAR class registration system multiple times last semester and over the summer to re-tool my schedule. I ended up taking CORE (our writing seminar, for you non-Case readers), Business Associations, Copyright, Unfair Competition, and a city law externship. All for a total of 14 credits. I thought it might be a good idea to devote time to the practical art of law during the year so that I had that experience to compare with my summer experience at the big law firm so this summer would be free for whatever else I am lucky enough to get into.

I dropped International Human Rights because I thought 17 credits might be a bit much for someone trying to salvage last semester and put in a solid effort with the 16 hours of work I am told I will be responsible for for the city law externship.

Classes were interesting today- all two of them. Copyright started off slowly, but it should be interesting. Business Associations ("BA") isn't soporific, which was a welcome surprise. Call me unappreciative of new teaching tactics, but I still prefer the enunciation and repetition of key terms over powerpoints and slides any day of the week. Thank you, Professor D.

I think I will follow this post with an "Advice to 1L's" compilation. Not that I have "made it" by any means; just because I am a 2L doesn't give me license to wax eloquent about the sleep depriving rigors and petty triumphs of one year ago. Grain of salt, people, grain of salt. Any comments?

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home