Sunday, January 30, 2005

Blue Digit Democracy

I was reading an article about the Iraqi elections and saw that each voter didn't receive one of those "I Voted!" stickers, but instead had their index finger dipped into an indigo paint to mark them as a participant in democracy. To show solidarity with our fellow voters, I propose that we mark our finger in blue as well. I first saw this idea on andrewsullivan.com's blog, so I can't take credit but I can take action! I hope you do too!

Regardless of your position on the war in Iraq, I think it's important that we support the Iraqi citizens in taking back their own country. The sooner they take over, the sooner our troops can come home for a well-deserved rest. I think we can all agree that that's a good thing.

By the way, check out http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/ feature on January 30th- it's hilarious!


Photo credit courtesy of the Associated Press.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment- it's corrected now with the correct URL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home